Let's hope!

barry cuda

Let us know how it goes. I'd like to put a pair of maroons in my 100g (don't even have 1 yet) and it'll be interesting to see how the introductions go.

snailheave

Big one tried to intimidate the small one every chance it got. Small one was rather bold, it did not back down.
Now they wiggle tails at one another. I do not know what this means and I am not about to let the smaller one out just yet.

snailheave

just released it.
it did all the right things: the quivering, the belly tilting, and it even slipped to the side of the bigger fish and kissed the cheek spines.
the female tolerated this for about 10 seconds and chased it away. but it's an improvement.

stupid_naso

snailhave,
The tail wiggling is a sign of aggression. In a way they're trying to fight on who's the more dominant. They're supposed to do this, but please watch them, things can get really ugly. When you said kissing the cheek spine, that might just be the smaller one trying to nip the bigger one.
If things do get ugly, what I learned to be the best way to catch fish, esp clownfish, is at night. Let the lights out at night, and they'll go to sleep. When they're at this stage they're unaware of their surroundings. So it's easier to catch them.
Try that. I hope this helps.
stupid_naso

snailheave

I am experimenting with something else. I screwed up two days ago and broke up a potential pair <kicks self in the behind.>
it goes like this: i got two new juvenile GSMs and accimilated them at the same time. Once the process was done I released them. They went to opposite directions. The old one saw one of them and went to it. Nipped, danced, kissed, and it appeared the old one had accepted the new one as they rubbed their bodies agaisnt one another.
<bangs head against keyboard>
then the other new GSM swam over, the old one spotted it and gave chase. they fought and the new arrival lost and escaped. big fish swam back to the one it was getting along with and started attacking it. i think it got confused and it was all over.
<bang self against wall>

stupid_naso

Hahahahhahaha

I'm sorry but that's funny. When they rubbed their bodies against each other I don't think that's a good sign.
Well maroon is considered the more aggressive clownfish other than tomato. So it's hard to pair an existing one with a juvenile.
If you desperately want a pair, buying two juveniles and removing your current one is probably your best bet. Or why don't u go on with your first experiment. Just keep the new one in the little "tank" a little longer. And see what happens.
stupid_naso