Let's make some Reef / Fish Food!!!!

black cobra

Welp I am in my 3rd week of cycling and eveything is coming along perfectly. I decided to hit up the seafood market today and make my own fresh batch of reef/fish food.
Everything was prepared and washed in RO water and supplements added. So here we go....
Prep Station

Dried Nori

Fresh Mussels

Fresh Shrimp

Fresh Squid

Baby Octopus

Fresh Scallops

Shucked Oysters

Brine Shrimp, Krill, Mysis Shrimp

black cobra

Everything all chopped up/ rinsed in RO water and ready for mixing

All mixed up and added a bottle phytoplankton, selcon, and garlic extract

Bagged up and ready for freezing

So for about $30 I have about 5 pounds of reef/frish food that should last me probably 4-6 months

And now to clean up the mess

Damn man how many fish you planning to feed? 30 bucks for all that food is an excellent deal. Did you use a food processor to make it?

black cobra

LOL..... Well with the likes of say Rods food, how much does that go for? $20 for only 6oz. I have 5 pounds for roughly $10 more. Plus I know exactly whats in my food that I'm feeding. I figure this will last me half a year depending on what I stock my tank with and how often I feed

Yeah I have a cheap $20 food processor I picked up from Walmart. Good stuff and really easy to clean.

black cobra

Oh trust me, my wife was gagging and was ready to kill me while I was making it
She told me I had better have it all cleaned up AS SOON as I was done

smoothie

I have to make mine when the wife is gone

Same mixture you have but I add cyclopeeze. My buddy just did it and forgot to take the ink out of the squid. Freaked him out at first

black cobra

Well on the first squid it blew up on me so thats how I found out where the ink was and cut it out. On the octopus I just turned it inside out and cut it out.

MMMMM yummy should use it as dip for chips at the next gathering of family and friends lol Am looking forward to making my first batch soon.

ashkan

Correct me if i'm wrong but in the wild how does a say clownfish eat octopuss? I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I'm just wondering.

smoothie

Just another option for vitamins and minerals they need. Great source of protein

(They don't eat flake or pellets in the wild either)