Let's Play Name That Animal!

dvs

Our first contestant tonight is something growing in my tank. At first we thought it might be a type of mushroom polyp, like a ricordea but after doing some searching online and running into pics of strawberry anemones, were really not sure. This guy is still pretty small, a little bit bigger than a pencil eraser. I've spot fed him and he readily eats flake and pellets. I've noticed him about 2 or 3 weeks ago and tonight I found 3 more really small ones. Any idea guys?
Thanks in advance!
Jen

mx#28

Sure does look like corynactis sp. in that photo, but is probably the more common pseudocorynactis from the Caribbean.

dvs

Thanks!
I'm kinda surprised it's in there. I havent added anything to my tank in over a year.
I'll post some more pics as it gets bigger.

dvs

Also, he's in my 12g Nano. Do you guys think he'll be okay in there? He's grown quite a bit since I found him.

morval

google Pseudocorynactis and orange ball anemone. ive got a few of these in my tank they are harmless and seem to prefer undersides of rock and other shaded areas.

dvs

Thanks morval. He's all the way at the bottom front of my tank and the other ones are kind of hidden in the rock away from the light. I hope they do well.