lets see if this works

madysmom

my retarded sand sifter star that climbs the glass (he is a bit cripled due to the urchin tried to make him lunch) :)

madysmom

and i have some purple grape calurepa and some leafy green plants too as well as an urchin that i would love to find a new home for if you are interseted in the urchin let me know.
give me some feed back please.
I have had my tank for about 1 1/2 yrs but just reset it up two months ago so im not by no means finished yet. as all reef lovers know you have to have lots of funds and my being only 21 and my hubby 23 with a 2 yr old it gets pricey! lol hope you enjoy

madysmom

Both anemone are rock flowers they are much hardier and i have had great luck with them so far the green and pink one was about half that size when i purchased him a month ago i feed them both krill twice a week to get them brighter and bigger :)

madysmom

thank you for the suggestion but i have had it in there for this two months that i have had this tank set up (this time) and i actually had the same bubbler in the tank for over 1 1/2 yrs before and i have not ever had a problem with it. but thank you for the suggestion

fishman830

actually.. it can ca use some big problem with the fish.. or corals they're huge.. not som thi ng they're used to.. i took mine off a long time ago, do you have anything for circulation underneath the surface?

madysmom

so far i have not had any problem and i will deal with it if and when i do have a problem but thank you for your input

humuhumu

What a pessimist. You're assuming or at least making it sound like madysmom doesn't do any maintenance. If this is the case then evaporation will cause the salinity to rise and overcome any loss due to salt creep.
As far as having a negative effect on corals and fish, a few bubbles won't hurt anything. Lots of corals and fish live in the surf zone and are naturally exposed to a lot more are than what a diffuser can produce.
Don't get stuck on one philosophy of fish keeping, there have been many successful styles and combinations throughout the years. One of the first successful reef aquariums belonged to Dr. Eng back in the 60's. We didn't have the understanding of reef aquariums back then as we do now. Most of us who attempted SWF used crush coral or oyster with a undergravel filter and maybe a 15 watt light. His aquarium was filled with sand, rock, plants, and various animals, it was lit by natural lighting and used a air diffuser for surface movement. He was able to keep animals that were considered impossible at that time. We have come a long way since then and I'm sure we will go a lot further as we learn even more about the animals that we keep.