Lets see some cool aquascaping!!!

jelezoglo

Hi all

I have been trying to arrange my 65 gl for 3 months now to no avail
. So I was wondering if the more experienced
could share their knowledge and expertise with some of us newbies
. Pictures and advice are welcome on how to arrange rockwork so it looks realistic.
Let the games begin :cheer: :cheer: :cheer

arsen_36

i dont have any pics yet but i have all my rocks pushed up on the back glass. just to let ya know it looks way cool but i have a ton of dead spots.

lukeb321

Heres my 6 month old 55 gallon with 100 pds of live rock - bicolor angel, tomato clown, 4 chromis and tons of hermits. etc.

jelezoglo

those are awesome.....I guess what I missing out on is more rock, I have a 65gl w/ 90lbs of LR. I'll take some pics & post later.

moby

Caves and valleys certainly make the rockscape more interesting IMO.

I also think the fish like it more as well!
Moby

N

nereef

oh i don't don't know if you need much more than that. you just have to get creative and make caves, bridges, ledges. all these things make your tank more interesting. look at mrdc's work. that huge bridge/cave not only looks sweet, it makes the tank look more filled up than it probably is.

mrdc

Yeah, I'm not sure how much rock I have now. Here is the tank 9 months ago. One big pile of rock setup by the lFS. I took out a lot of rock because I wanted it to be more open. My neigbor and I now use the rocks to gorw xenia and zoos for store credit. Finally the tank is paying off!!! I now have a couple $100 in store credit!

N

nereef

hey mrdc, love the yellow watchman. do you have him with a pistol shrimp? that was the best livestock investment that i've made.

mrdc

Still have him and he was with a pistol chrimp for awhile until I rearranged the rockwork. I can't keep the watchman from entering the overflow box now so I just leave him there. He can get out if he wants but it seems like he won't until the dominos are out of the tank.
Here's an old pic of the two:

drewsta

Here is mine sorry the water is so cloudy I got an orange spotted goby who likes to destroy the sandbed

jelezoglo

How do you guys make all these caves without the rocks collapsing (sp?). I almost had a hermit crab fatality today.