Lets see some reefs

bterry29

broomer5 - Your tank looks great. I have a question. I've read that corals should be 6-8 inches away from each other. With so many in your tank how do you keep them all that far apart? Have you had trouble with one attacking another?

spsfreak100

BLTANGY,
I noticed that you were feeding your tangs lettuce. I would highly recommend you not feed your tangs lettuce. Lettuce is exctremely hard on their digistive system and is not part of their natural diet. I would recommend feeding the tangs Unsalted and Unroasted Nori (can be found at your local grocery store). Very nice tank by the way!
Graham

junbug1970

SPSfreaks,
I know you stated about broccoli and lettuce is not a part of Tangs diet. Could you please send me an information where you are finding this information from.
Many websites states that Broccoli, Lettuce and other greens veggies are part of Tangs Diet.
Below are some URL from well known places where it state Greens are part of Tangs Diet.
* ***********.com
The diet should consist of frozen herbivore rations, dried marine algae, and vegetarian items such as Spirulina, zucchini, broccoli, leaf lettuce, and dried seaweed.
http://www.***********.com/product/p...=21&pCatId=392
* Blank Park Zoo in IOWA has stated this
Feeding the Fish
Coral Reef: Aquatic life in the reef are fed a marine flake mix, krill, and mysis twice a day. Broccoli, spinach and romaine are given more often.
find more info using the URL below
http://www.blankparkzoo.com/whatsnew_exhibits.asp
* this is what Aquatic advice has to say.
Diet: Herbivore. Tangs are algae grazers and a good supply of vegetable matter is essential for their well-being. Nori (sushi wrap) is a great food source that is inexpensive and readily available. Other vegetable matter can include leaf lettuce, zucchini, broccoli, macro algae, etc. Frozen, live, and flake foods should also be accepted.
http://aquaticadvice.com/level2/fotm/june03_salt.html.
I am not saying that i don't believe you, i just would like to know known prove before jumping into someone else's opinion.
thanks
Junbug

smuvcrmnal

Yo, all of these pics look good as a mother*$%^#*! I will soon be adding mine whe I find all of the leaks in my wooden reef!

jonthefb

Hey Mn Reefman...are those pink zoos i see in your pic? if so any chance youd be willing to part with some? id be willing to pay shipping or trade for sps frags! email me if your interested!
jonthan.garnett@comcast.net
thanks again
jon

broomer5

bterry29
Thanks !
The only troubles I've really had is with the bubble coral - it will occasionally mess with the hairy shrooms, and the red star polyps grow very fast and need to be trimmed back some now and then.

wamp

Very nice Tanks everyone!!
About the lettuce and Broccli, It's really not a part of their diet. I know other sites have said it is fine but, most are treated with somesort of pesticiedes and other chemicals. It does not grow in the ocean and should not be fed to the fish...
There are alot of writes up on the web about fish diets.. I have read a few and the general concences is that you should try and stick to their natraul diet...
P.S. I am not trying to arguee or tell you what to do, just a general statment..