lets see the feather dusters

pettyhoe

Does anybody know how fast these things grow, mine has two levels to it, but I would like to see more, and I was wondering how long that might take. Thanks

corw

not sure if it's a coco, but i got it from a local guy for free and all i had to do was help him unpack his weekly coral shipment of over 80 corals. good deal ha!

rad

Out of curiosity does anyone else get startled when their duster closes up on them when there trying to move it? Mine likes to keep it self extended while moving and it was pretty much open before it hit the bottom of my tank. So naturally when I was moving it around in to the perfect position it closed up and scared the poop out of me twice. I jumped and hit my elbow twice on the hood of my aquapod, because Im a wuss. Anyone else have similar experiences so I dont feel so lame? Pictures will for sure come later.

larryndana

Originally Posted by rad
Out of curiosity does anyone else get startled when their duster closes up on them when there trying to move it? Mine likes to keep it self extended while moving and it was pretty much open before it hit the bottom of my tank. So naturally when I was moving it around in to the perfect position it closed up and scared the poop out of me twice. I jumped and hit my elbow twice on the hood of my aquapod, because Im a wuss. Anyone else have similar experiences so I dont feel so lame? Pictures will for sure come later.
did you scream? :happyfish

reefer545

Only GeckoPSU's is a coco worm. the first adn every other post other than his/hers is a hawaiian feather duster. Coco worms are always red, pink, or white with a conical feather growth pattern. Regular feather dusters are continuously round, not conical. Feather dusters crowns grow larger in diameter, whereas coco worms grow in height and diameter. I personally have never seen a coco worm with continuous patches of the same color altrernating toward the tips of its crown. There are coco worms that have two colors or three shades in their crown, but always (to my knowledge) red, pink, white, or a combination therein. But BEAUTIFUL specimens

goingpoor

Originally Posted by corw
got this cool looking feather duster the other day and thought it would be neat to see other nice looking ones.

SWEET IM LOVING IT DO YOU KNOW WHAT KIND IT IS?????I WONT ONE : )

rad

Originally Posted by larryndana
did you scream? :happyfish
please. Im a wuss, not female. It just startles me, I know its coming but they move so fast and you can feel their body move thru the tube, I almost feel like Im gonig to break the tube even thought Im barely touching it. I think from now on Im going to touch its feathers so it automatically retracts before I move it.

zman1

Originally Posted by corw
got this cool looking feather duster the other day and thought it would be neat to see other nice looking ones.
Great colors

azfishgal

Originally Posted by rad
I'm so glad you mentioned this, because YES, that happened to me. When I first got them I was putting them in my tank and BAM, that little worm jerked back and it scared me to death :scared: . (Yes, I'm a girl, but NO I didn't scream). I was ready for the second one, but it still made me jump. :jumping:
Here is another picture of the one I posted earlier, but it now has TWO crowns!

rad

Originally Posted by rad
Pictures will for sure come later.
the clown thinks hes going to host it. stupid clown.

pettyhoe

dt's is great, its phytoplankton. Just put it in there with all filters off and let them feed. 2-3 times a week is nice.