Let's see those Candy Canes!!

anonome

Would love to have a neon, but mine is pretty awesome, (at least I think so). I am pretty picky on what I put in the tank, and haven't seen a neon that is "worthy".
The ones around here seem to be too leggy. I really like the compact ones better.
Here is mine, always responsive to feeding the fishes, I have never had to entice it to eat, going on 2 years now.

howardj

Wow! very cool everyone!
nwdyr - what kind of camera do you use? that first shot is pretty cool!
Anonome, AquaKnight - Those are cool! haven't seen any like those! keep me in mind if you ever frag them

Wow! I'm amazed at how many people have the neon green candies! Very cool in person, mine 'poof' up really big, anyone elses do that?

zeke92

i have a question, it may be stupid but i thought i'd ask it.
why are they called candy canes? they look more like some sort of organ

perfectdark

Here is my rescue frag...I got these for $5.00 barely had 2 noticable heads on it. This pic is of it recovering after about a month.
Pic Taken November 07

Same Piece taken January 08, not the prettiest coral out there but I was happy to rehab it. And now it has even more heads on it.

scopus tang

Originally Posted by zeke92
http:///forum/post/2625273
i have a question, it may be stupid but i thought i'd ask it.
why are they called candy canes? they look more like some sort of organ

My guess, and its only that (if someone else knows please speak up), is that is has to do with the stripped appearance of this variant of the same coral.