Let's see those Christmas Lights!

T

tizzo

Got my icicles up today.

(don't look at the bush, lights are out, haven't fixed em yet.
)
We have a guy nearby with the music, computer timed lights. Beautiful display he has...

tangman99

Those computer lights are pretty cool. I thought about doing those this year but never ordered the controllers.

T

tizzo

Do they sell a "timer" that's compatible with the computer?? I wanna put my lights on a timer, but normal timers all go off at different times. Do they have one thats controlled by my computer?

turbo21

tizzo,
do a search for x-10 control, that is the best way to go about it
gnorman,
it basically is a dance party at our house every night, we have thousands of people come to see our house nightly
bob

eaglephot

I'll post pics when I am done. I still have about 40 strings left to put up. I already have over 50 up already. More to come! I am hoping to finish today and tonight.

bigarn

Tizz ..... put some lights on that garbage can and you got it made!
Other than that it looks great.

demartini

I wish I took a picture of this one house on haight street in San Francisco... Whoever decorated seriously was on shrooms lol it looks so funny

turbo21

Originally Posted by jennythebugg
wow! nice
what a display , i would hate to have to pay that power bill

actually, its not too bad, it will run us about $250.00 for the season, the trouble comes in when you add my 240 reef with the dual 400 watt halides, and everything else
bob

tangman99

Originally Posted by turbo21
we have 96 channels this year
bob
Wow! That's an expensive setup not including lights. It does look impressive though.

turbo21

thanks,
i don't even want to try to total up the cost of everything,
this year we have 150,000 lights and over 5 miles of extension cord
next year we hope to top 250,000 lights with 128 channels
bob