lets see those mandrin gobies

fedukeford

i have a scooter blenny, same as a manderin
put him in my 55 galllon reef when it was 4 months old i think, eats frozen/flake food

I have so many pods running around. I dont want them to be all gobbled up but I want a good balance, if you know what i mean?

wax32

Here is my spotted mandarin:

She doesn't touch anything but pods. I also had a green mandarin, but she starved to death over a few months.
I have a 70 gallon tank with about 120 pounds of LR and a 2" sandbed plus a 6" sandbed with rock rubble in my refugium.

teresaq

heres mine, she died about a month ago. I thnk she got stung buy pest anemone and went crazy one day, and got stuck under some rock work.

saltaholic

Originally Posted by nattybug33
Mandarins are great! but if you ever think you've ran out of copepods for it eat. Theres a place called www.reef-revolution.com they sell them buy 4 oz bottles, I ordered some for my spotted mandarin.

I live about 5 miles from that store, Reef Revolution! Its an awesome store and I absolutely love the guys working there. They are pretty honest people! Don't know how they are online, but they are the best priced LFS around the Tulsa area!

rkmcinvale

I have my mandarin for about 3 months now, but didn't add him unitl after a year of established tank. I think they are great to watch. Ours changes color at night almost a yellow color. Were lucky he is still alive, he swam into the sadleback carpet anemone Saturday. Had to move lots of water around to release. Good Luck.