Let's see those mature tanks

xdave

Who here has the most mature tank? I'd like to see some pics of tanks that have been up for years.
Does your Sally Lightfoot Crab need orthopedic shoes? Has your Sebae Carpet Anemone grown to be the biggest rug in your house? Are your power heads that bump in the coraline in the back?
Let's See 'em !!!

mrdc

Dang clean for a 3 year old tank! Mine is only 15 months old so mine doesn't make it for this post. I would like to see some stuff livestock that people have had for years.

conch

I have to admit I move the Rocks far too often and scrape the back when ever I do This is may favorite aquascape yet. Just took me 3 years to get it right

poniegirl

This tank is 3+ years, morphed from a 10, then a 20 long. The sequence started 6 years ago.
Next year, a 90! :joy:
I only began adding xenias and zoas this last summer, so my growth (well, not MINE) isn't too great. Other than the algae, of course.

poniegirl

4 year old sponge
4 year old horse
6 year old Salsa! She's tomato and the picture was taken last year, before I erradicated the caulerpa, but I can't find any decent ones of her recently. She was the first (and only) fish in the original 10 gallon, and she's still going strong!
Tx for your patience! K, I'm done.

xdave

That's a real nice Tomato. I wonder if she'll get bigger when you put her in a 90 :thinking:

poniegirl

Originally Posted by xDave
That's a real nice Tomato. I wonder if she'll get bigger when you put her in a 90 :thinking:
Why, thank you! I usually don't talk so freely about my tomato ;). She's only about 3.5", but I don't think she'll get bigger than she is.
You know the debate, does a small tank stunt growth, etc..I don't think so because the two wrasse are outgrowing the tomato and I've only had them for a few months. They are the reason for the upgrade plan.

xdave

PonieGirl, I'd hardly call 3.5" stunted for a tomato. Their max size is 5.5', that's less than half the smallest dimension of a 20L. They rarely get over 4" unless they're in a huge tank, and a 90 is pretty big for a 5.5" max fish. I'm just wondering if a 6 year old fish would grow again when moved to a much larger tank.

dogstar

Im sure its not the most mature tank but I have had a lot of whats in it for around 5 years thru 3 different tanks...Moved it into this one about 14 months ago...

75bownut

as said above this is a newer tank, but the stuff in it I have had for about 3 years.

poniegirl

Originally Posted by xDave
PonieGirl, I'd hardly call 3.5" stunted for a tomato. Their max size is 5.5', that's less than half the smallest dimension of a 20L. They rarely get over 4" unless they're in a huge tank, and a 90 is pretty big for a 5.5" max fish. I'm just wondering if a 6 year old fish would grow again when moved to a much larger tank.
Oh, sorry
I'm a dork!
This current tank is a 55 gal.