Lets see those skimmers!

evanish

My favorite part of my tank.... my skimmer.. Let's see those skimmers and give some detail about them and what size of system it's running on. Hopefully in a few months, I'll have a Geo needlewheel skimmer.

blizz75

Here you are, the css 65 on my 29g right now with a AC50 and two maxi jet powerheads, but going on my 75g soon temp. untill i get the 125

puffer32

Mines a grerman needle wheel, can't remember the name, and it wasn't written on the skimmer anywhere. something like Dek :notsure: Tanks a 150.

fedukeford

heres my ASM G3 running on a 125 reef (in the pic the skimmer isnt running yet)

i also have a amiracle mini quad skimmer on my 55 reef

evanish

Originally Posted by puffer32
Mines a grerman needle wheel, can't remember the name, and it wasn't written on the skimmer anywhere. something like Dek :notsure: Tanks a 150.

Looks like a Deltec or a Deltec knock-off.

renogaw

this is a great thread to send people who wonder if they need a skimmer. seeing all that foam in these will convince them.

fishgeek01

Stanlalee said:
future tank mock set up

STANLALEE how much room did you have to have in order to do this with your skimmer, and is it the 125 or the 65 that you are using, i am going to be doing a similar thing with a new fug for my 75 gallon and plan on using the 125 and i wanted to know how much room i needed in the compartment for the skimmer, i will either be doing it that way or just hanging it on my fug because it is going to be a 30 gallon tank that i will drill for the inputs and outs

cajunboy

Originally Posted by puffer32

it is a DAS skimmer

stanlalee

Originally Posted by Fishgeek01
STANLALEE how much room did you have to have in order to do this with your skimmer, and is it the 125 or the 65 that you are using, i am going to be doing a similar thing with a new fug for my 75 gallon and plan on using the 125 and i wanted to know how much room i needed in the compartment for the skimmer, i will either be doing it that way or just hanging it on my fug because it is going to be a 30 gallon tank that i will drill for the inputs and outs
The skimmer section only has a footprint of 6" x12" so I knew the body would fit but the pump might not fit (its a 125 model). Originally I was going to just let the pump hang over the 1rst baffle in the fuge section but the skimmer just happens to be the size where the pump is going to be close to the baffle no matter which side its on. The pump actually fits just fine although there is slight contact where the strainer part of the pump touches the baffle but I ran the thing and the pump is still silent (really dont see why it cant touch anything anyway). The bubble difuser would have fit as well where I did the porous media job (pond filter media) but the walls of the sump are so thin the diffuser bracket wont mount to it without a spacer. I didn't want to use it anyway as micro bubbles werent a major concern being in the sump and sponge/media cures all. Just make sure the media is porous and slightly above the waterline so it doesn't cause back pressure otherwise it will overflow. worse came to worse I'd have just hung it on the sump as well.

puffer32

Originally Posted by Evanish
Looks like a Deltec or a Deltec knock-off.
Das is it? its not a knock off, not for what i paid for it, better not be
I know its german made, thats about it. Hubby was in charge of that part of the tank, and he researched alot, and decided on this model.

aw2x3

Here's my new one...a DIY jobber.
It's a single Beckett, 36" tall, 8" reaction chamber...ran on a 1250gph Little Giant pump.
It was just set up a few days ago, so it's still breaking in.
Affectionately referred to as "The Beast":