let's see those top off's, ro/di's set ups

txmedic1

i'm thinking of setting up a top-off unit. i'm tired of paying 30 cents a gallon for ro water, and then hauling it home, then manually topping off a gallon everyday. here is the set up. my tank sits against the wall of the stairs that lead to second floor. directly behind the wall, is the niche, in the garage. right now the niche is full of junk, but i can clear it out. i'm thinking that i could drill a hole through the wall for the top off, straight to my fuge. but i need some ideas. the laundry room is approx 20 feet from the niche, but inside the house. i might have to set the ro/di unit in there, unless i can run a line from the laundry room, to the niche, and have the the ro/di unit, holding tank, etc. all together.
so please post some pics of your top off set ups, and ro/di set ups. thanks in advance.

fallinapart

I have a ro/di unit on the wall in a room right behind the tank, I cut a hole in the wall, went to home depot and bought one of those plastic frames for water lines to make it look better. I also have a 45 gallon plastic trash can in that same room that the ro/do runs to with a float switch to turn off the ro/di unit when the trash can is full. I also have a jbj ATO unit and plug a little pump into that sits in the trash can full of water with a water line running to the sump through the hole in the wall. the ATO has a float swith in the sump (return pump section of the pump) and when the water goes belows its setpoint it will turn on the small pump in the trash can and pump water into the sump untill the ato float switch tells it to turn off.
Does this several times a day and I no longer carry buckets of water every day.

Norman

t316

Coral Junky...can you get a couple more shots of that set up. This is very much like the idea I wanted to do soon. Does your ro water, and your mixed salt water, lead back to the top off tank and or sump? Or just the ro water, and you carry the mix when needed?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by T316
Coral Junky...can you get a couple more shots of that set up. This is very much like the idea I wanted to do soon. Does your ro water, and your mixed salt water, lead back to the top off tank and or sump? Or just the ro water, and you carry the mix when needed?
I am wondering that as well. Please explain what you have going on there.

mikeyjer

Interesting system, I see your running RO/DI system from airwaterice. Please do explain what is going on with those two buckets. IF I had to guess is one is for fresh top off water and one is for mixing saltwater.

coraljunky

The container on top is ro/di with a float switch. Bottom container is for mixing. There is a Mag 9.5 inside the bottom can. There are a total of 5 ball valves to control the path of the water. The pump can recirculate from the bottom of the can into the top of the can, mixing purposes. Or pumped out of the can into containers, buckets, or 75' water hose into my house. I'll try to get more pics later today. I'm getting a wisdom tooth pulled in a couple hours

txmedic1

hope that extraction didnt put a damper on your Christmas. any other pics? any one else have some top off/filtration unit ideas?