Lets see your unusual pets

ophiura

Originally Posted by jdragunas
i have two tokay geckos and a chinese water dragon. the top pic is my chinese water dragon, and the bottom one is of a tokay gecko, but not mine... mine are incredibly mean, and will take your finger off in a heartbeat!

No joke. I was scared to death of these things when I cared for them, especially because it was a really weird shape tank and I couldn't see everywhere. But there was one guy - a bit "odd" - who used to basically hang these guys off his fingers for kicks...lots of blood. :scared:

hot883

i have two tokay geckos and a chinese water dragon. the top pic is my chinese water dragon, and the bottom one is of a tokay gecko, but not mine... mine are incredibly mean, and will take your finger off in a heartbeat!
Hi Jenn, my nephew has 3 or 4 and is trying to breed them. No luck so far.

T

tizzo

These are my maintanance free pets that I have all over the yard.

appaloosa1

How about a rare curly horse? I sold him, but heres a picture of him. There are about 2000 living registered curlies in the world. I also used to have a tiger salamander named zebra when I was little. Bought him as a waterdog at Walmart and he turned into one!

jr2857

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't do that to your water dragon!!!!!!!!!! it causes them to zonk out and creates A LOT of stress. and where in the world did you get him

celacanthr

Originally Posted by Tizzo

LOL Those top bugs are EVERYWHERE! They scare me....
I see alot of those spiders too...

lovethesea

Dang Tizz.....you gotta warn people about stuff like that!!! :scared: Please tell me you didn't walk into that spider.............

hot883

Originally Posted by Tizzo

Cool zipper spider Tiz. Thats what I do. I kill bugs for a living. Ha!

J

jdragunas

Originally Posted by jr2857
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't do that to your water dragon!!!!!!!!!! it causes them to zonk out and creates A LOT of stress. and where in the world did you get him
uhhhh. i very much know how to care for my water dragon. He's very docile and loves to be held...

J

jdragunas

hey tizz, is that a banana spider in the middle there??? We had those things all over the place in florida (we had banana trees in the back yard)...

T

tizzo

I think we call them writing spiders. Like the one in Charlotte's web. I looked out my window and there he was just 5 inches out!!
I like the teal blue fly though. That was the only one I had ever seen that color.

J

jdragunas

yeah, that's pretty!
I know banana spiders (that's what we called them, so that's probably not the proper name) have really big fangs, so if one's on you and you smush it, it'll automatically bite you (and they're pretty venomous too!!!)
My mom used to work for a pest control company, and the one guy she worked with got bit by a brown recluse :scared: :scared: :scared: I saw his scar from it, and it was just a small layer of skin over a hole in his leg. If he hit it, the skin would just bust open and expose the hole... EEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!

T

tizzo

I know banana spiders (that's what we called them, so that's probably not the proper name) have really big fangs, so if one's on you and you smush it, it'll automatically bite you (and they're pretty venomous too!!!)
And that's what it is??!! :scared: Cause I always thought that the writing spiders were harmless. Ugly but harmless! If he's venemous, I may haft squash his pretty little but.
Ask your mom what THIS one is... Has that cool little arrow pattern on it's back.

J

jdragunas

hmmm, that is interesting...
i'll show you what we used to deal with a lot when we lived in florida...
a MOLE CRICKET!!!