Lettuce Nudi

joojoo

Anyone here have long term success with these guys? I had one in my 29g, but, usual story, he got sucked into the power head...
Now, in my 20L, I have no power heads, and he shouldn't be able to fit into the HOB intakes *knock on wood*. The tank is relatively low flow so I think he should be able to keep his grip on the rocks. What do you think, should I try again?

frankthetank

I bought my first one a few weeks ago... he lasted about a week or two... never saw him again. Don't know what happened to him.
A fun $8 spent!

sea keeper

Lettuce Nudibranch (Bryopsis - Eating Nudibranch) - Tridachia crispata
Color: The Lettuce Nudibranch (Bryopsis - Eating Nudibranch) has a green or blue spotted. may have orange, blue or green edged cirratta. color.
Size: The Lettuce Nudibranch (Bryopsis - Eating Nudibranch) may grow to 3 inches.
Diet: Specialized.
Feeding: It likes to eat Eats Bryopsis Algae only..
Behavior: The Tridachia crispata is generally peaceful toward other tankmates.
Care: Many consider the Tridachia crispata a medium-maintenance specimen. Not venomous.
Lighting: Has lighting needs.
General notes: The Lettuce Nudibranch is not a hair algae eater as incorrectly reported by hobbyists, they are a known Bryopsis algae eater. Be careful with copper-based medication and extreme nitrate levels. Considering their small size, often bizarre body shapes and dazzling coloration, it's no wonder nudibranchs are often unidentified by divers, aquarists and tide-poolers for what they are; marine snails that lack shells, just like their lowly terrestrial cousins found sliming around under rotting wood and vegetation. But most of us emote "oohs" and "aahhs" rather than "yecch" when we view these "butterflies of the sea". Unfortunately, few efforts at keeping them in captivity have been successful. Many failures, as you'll see, are aquarist-originated; chemical poisoning, unstable conditions, and most importantly, starvation.
Water parameters: Keep water quality high (SG 1.023 - 1.025, pH 8.1 - 8.4, Temp. 72 - 78° F).
Origin: The Lettuce Nudibranch (Bryopsis - Eating Nudibranch) is commonly collected from the Caribbean.

nygel

they only live for around half a year. natural lifespan.... so thats gonna be the best expereince. I've had two, one for a few days. and my current one for a few days. huh, mine should be dissappearing now.

joojoo

Thanks nYgel, that's mostly what I hear... "a few days," "a couple weeks," "a month"... Plus, I've read they can be successfully bred in captivity, just something to look forward to. ^_^ I think I'm gonna add a couple to my SWF order, I'm pretty confident my tank is safe for them.

reefchick15

I had one for a couple of months, then he dissappeared
. I think his death was because of my water quality...but it was so enjoyable and now that i have things under control i am thinking about getting another one. But he did great for the couple of months i had him, he climbed all over everything. :joy:

nygel

joojoo, i bought one off here for my 29g (check the thread in nano forum, its got some cool pics) from what I noticed about swf.com's vs. my lfs is that swf.com's is tiny compared to my lfs one, like... half the size, but that how everything i got from here was..... hmmm.

joojoo

In my first tank I ordered both of them from this site, one was huge, the other was tiny and disappeared the same night.

well.... i have had mine for about a month and a half and he has doubled in size and still kicking. i found him once in the intake tube for my filter but since then no troubles. he is now to large to fit in my intake on the powerhead. he has grown to about +two inches long, even though everyone said he would starve and die. By the way mine is a "Elysia diomedea"

judyk

I got one from here right before Christmas. It was around for about a month, then disappeared. About a month ago, I counted nine babies. I still see several and they are growing, but at all different sizes.

reefrunner

I got two about a month and a half ago from swf.com. They were both about 3/4 inch, and have now grown to about 1 inch. They seem to be very happy. They roam all over the tank...but always seem to end up in one of the upper corners, right in the flow of my output. I guess it's like sitting in front of one of the jets in a hot tub for us. My tank is pretty new...only about 2.5 months, but they seem to be doing very well.

well.....bad news i think i have lost mine i saw him this morning by the powerhead and now he is no where to be found. hopefully he is hididng but i dont think so i went over the whole tank with a flashlight and checked my filter