LFS 600gal Display Reef

S

sebae0

if you look close enough in the top left corner so to speak the bubble is there just not opened up all the way, i buy from them also and have gotten good quality stuff. just like anything though i have seen dying corals and sick fish but they wont sell them. if you have any questions see milt he's one of the owners and is really personable.

D

daniel411

3665 15 Mile Road
Sterling Heights, Michigan 48310
(586) 264-6261

tyr-sog

Originally posted by Daniel411
As they maintain saltwater aquariums for quite a few celebrities in the area.

Yeah, big time. They have a fleat of 4 brand new cargo vans and are buying 2 more for servicing tanks in the area. Must be paying out!:eek:
Also they have a website with all the store info on it for any of you who are looking for info on the store. I'm sure you can figure out the sites .com.:thinking:

tyr-sog

Originally posted by Daniel411
I am "almost positive" that the tank is 8' long, 4' deep, and 30" tall.

Yeah it's 8' x 4' x 30"(or so). The hood is basically a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood with the clipped corners.

Well I just got back from aquatic discoveries and I can say, that that is a current pic I belive. It must be from when the lights just came on or something, but that pic above the tank is there alright.
Also, they had some AWESOME clam tanks there! I mean AWESOME!!!
They were hex tanks that were only about 8-9 inches deep and what happens is that the water is pumped into the tank from a point on the bottom in the center, which they had covered by rocks. The water is pumped in slow enough so that it doesnt break the surface of the water. As its pumped in, the water overflows on all sides of the tank into a collection ring where it is recirculated.
The point is that you can see the clams from top down through a smooth water surface and see their true colors! Very cool . . . not 1400 bucks cool, but still awesome tanks.