LFS : California

A

arman

Originally Posted by leftyblite
Tong's Tropical Fish & Pets on Whittier Blvd in Whittier is another great store.

any reasons why, that is close to me (25 mins) so can you give details, I have a FOWLR but may be interested in coverting it to a reef tank.

autofreak44

Tong's Tropical Fish & Pets on Whittier Blvd in Whittier is another great store.

is that the store with the sign that says imperial fish, or am i getting them mixed up??

A lfs in phoenix has 800 gal display going and 1500 gal tank and some stuff needed ready to go for $3000 or a little more. Its 6ft tall and 8 feet long. I dehydate better bad from drooling over it.

leftyblite

It says Tongs on the front. The last few times I was there the tanks were all very clean and the fish looked healthy. The staff that I talked to seemed very friendly and knowledgable.

A

arman

alright, thanks =D do they carry a wide variety of saltwater fish?

leftyblite

Compared to most fish stores, yes. They also offer a nice selection for reef tanks and they have a pretty good selection of tanks and equipment.

f14peter

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
Northern Cali?
In Sac theres Capitol Aquarium or O street. O street is sister company of Red Sea. Very dingy in ther ebut they are an icon.
Hah! We live in Chico and O Street is where we got our tank, canopy and stand. After visiting the shop on the other side of Business-80 (Capital Aquarium?), we stopped in to be confronted with bright signs proclaiming a store-wide AGA tank and stand sale. Almost bit on a 120g, but next thing I know there's a 90g w/overflow, canopy, and stand being shoved into the back of my wife's Highlander.
Indeed, not the prettiest shop you'll ever see, but seemed like they had a large selection of pretty good looking livestock.
In Chico itself, there's a couple of fish shops. One was pretty good, but we decided not to get any animals there as one time it seemed like everyfish had some sort of problem, including some Blue Hippos that looked real sad.
Fish, Etc on Forest Avenue gets most of our business ... not a huge selection of fish, but they seem to be more often than not the healtiest looking we've seen in town, and they seem to be on the up-and-up with their advice.

autofreak44

It says Tongs on the front. The last few times I was there the tanks were all very clean and the fish looked healthy. The staff that I talked to seemed very friendly and knowledgable.

ok becasue i know the place over in brea called imperial tropical fish used to be called tongs and that place is THE WORST!!! its comparable to ***** or even walmart...

chankanaab

The Aquarium
5403 Sepulveda Blvd
Culver City, CA 90230
Tel: (310) 390-1240
Ask for Julian he is the owner smart guy. He always talks to me like 45mins every time I go in there.
Good saltwater selection. Nice Inverts.

adio_54

clovis has a great one called
Aquatic Pets
135 shaw, suite c clovis, ca
they run a SUPER HOT sale every month where you can buy stuff for half off