LFS in Massachusetts/NH

jbeck

I bought my tank from allthingsfishy. Great prices on tanks. Their livestock is limited and expensive imo.. Uncle neds is great for cichleds and those stingrays they have are wicked cool. Not much for sw at least when i was there. And prices are a premium i thought.

J

jenmca

Out of the same motivation as jbeck I checked out 2 LFS in Lowell last weekend, one on Bridge Street had maybe 3 tanks, what was in it looked healthy and good, but not a lot of choice - prices seemed good though, one on University Ave was down right scary. The SW is in the basement of the store and I really thought I might not come out, it was dark, down narrow stairs, I was the only soul in front of a wall of tanks that had maybe 3 live fish, but many dead ones. SCARY!

dhg23

I've been to a bunch of the LFS's in the area and by far and away, Fintastic Fish is unmatchable in presentation and quality. I agree that their dry goods are a bit pricey, but overall i feel they are very competative w/ their LR, corals and fish. Oh, yeah, there only open though on thursdays and fridays from 6 to 9 and the weekends 9 am to 6 or 7.

makai

I live in Fall River MA. southcoast.....
I have about 5 LFS dealing with salt, all within 15 mins from me.
top two pics:
1. Animal instincs in fall river... They make a road trip every monday morning to NY/NJ area to hand pick their fish. They also will take orders or request and are happy to bring that selection home to you if they see it.
2. Coral Reef in seekonk... Amazing reef tanks. LR is cheapest in area starting at 5.99 per lb and the price goes down as the weight goes up. They keep their fish for a week or two before putting them up for sale.
others:
*****: Tauton-nice polops and mushrooms weekly
Seekonk-only buy hard wear...tanks are junk
Hidden Reef: Fall River-
Underwater World: Tauton galleria mall
Denise's : Mattapoisett
Patenaud's: New Bedford
All of these are around my area and all in MA

rickycobra

HAve you tried hidden reef. I live IN Fall River to and go to the same places. I am going to coral reef tonight for the first time.. You should go to Fintastic fish in Plainville. HAnds down the best place you will go to, good luck, rickycobra@attbi.com

makai

rickycobra:
Where abouts in the River? I'm about two houses north of
"DIRTY NICKS" hotdogs.......