LFS in Orlando or Jacksonville, Florida

lilcheen

Nothing SPECTACULAR, im sure Orlando and jax have some great places, but for for a quick drive, we Have Aquatropics and Aquatecture. Both good places, nice people; I know the owners.
Stop by!

ocellaris_keeper

When I travel I look for LPS in every city and Orlandp has nothing to speak of - Spend the hour and half and drive to the shore - either way and you'll find good reef stores.

erozfish

Hey Glenn, I live in the Orlando area, and we have a few Jack's Aquarium stores - the one in the Altamonte Springs area is pretty nice, and also up there is The Aquarium. The claim to be the largest saltwater store in the Southeast - don't know about that, but it's a pretty nice store. Depending on what you're looking for, you're probably better off ordering on here. Of course the online prices are always better than the stores, but then you always have the shipping costs, so I guess you have to just weigh it out. I would check out those stores in Gainesville - probably closer for you. Where in Ocala do you go for supplies and livestock? My wife is from there - actually I was just up that way today - been to a few pet stores up there, but don't remember any with SW fish. You'd think we'd have some better places here in FL, being so close to the Keys and the Gulf, but I haven't found any really great places. My family is in PA, and I've seen some nicer stores up there! Kinda funny, just like the northeast is the only place to find Southdown play sand, when it's from the Carribean, and we're much closer - go figure. Hope this helps you out though. I think Jack's has a website, and The Aquarium does as well. Email me, or let me know here, and I'll give you the links.

glenn10

Thanks for your replys. There is a shop in Ocal near Silver Springs called Tanks a Lot (cute name). I will check out the stores in G'ville and Orlando as I am just getting to the stage of adding fish (finishing 9 week cycle. Want to make cure that I only get the fish I want to keep(no Damsels) so I guess I will be pretty choosey.

erozfish

Hey Glenn, smart thing not getting any damsels - I have one in my tank that I'd like to sell back to the LFS, but impossible to get him out without taking all of the rock out! By the way, what type of tank and all do you have? Size, live rock, etc. Depending on what you want to get, and any cleanup crew, you might want to just order online - specifically here! If you plan on spending $75 or more, it'd save you the money, because they don't charge shipping with a $75 minimum order. Good deal if you ask me. Good luck, and let me know how things good.

kracker

Fishy business in longwood is about the best around in central florida.Also seven seas in altamonte is good.Stay away from the store mentioned in a previous reply called jacks.That place is bad.It is a pet shop not a fish shop.Hope this helps ya.....

erozfish

Originally posted by kracker
Fishy business in longwood is about the best around in central florida.Also seven seas in altamonte is good.Stay away from the store mentioned in a previous reply called jacks.That place is bad.It is a pet shop not a fish shop.Hope this helps ya.....

Kracker, do you have the addresses of Fishy Business and Seven Seas? I live in the Orlando area, and I know Jacks isn't that great. I've been to the Aquarium a few times, but would love to find some better SW fish stores. THANKS!:D