LFS in Virginia

hiddenicon

Does anyone here go to the stores in Christiansburg,Blacksburg or Roanoke VA? if you do what do u think of them?

hiddenicon

Somethings fishy? never been there(or heard of it) whats the address and what do they have there? ever come up to blacksburg's Zooequatics Pet Store?

sjdyer

Somethings Fishy is located on 4321 Brambleton Road Roanoke, 24018. The phone number is 540-776-0600. Yes I have been to Zooequatics in Blacksburg. There store is a lot smaller than Somethings Fishy. It Is saltwater only. Lots of fish, Corals, live rock, Macro.

bigsteve

Originally posted by sjdyer
Somethings Fishy is located on 4321 Brambleton Road Roanoke, 24018. The phone number is 540-776-0600. Yes I have been to Zooequatics in Blacksburg. There store is a lot smaller than Somethings Fishy. It Is saltwater only. Lots of fish, Corals, live rock, Macro.

Wow... I didn't know Roanoke had a 540 area code...
If you're ever north of Richmond, stop by Maru Pets in Spotsylvania... they've almost always got a bunch of cool things in.
As far as a pet store in Nags Head, I have yet to find one. I go to Hatteras Island every year (for the last 15 years), and the closest thing I've seen is the NC Aquarium on Roanoke Island.

bigsteve

Originally posted by Hiddenicon
what is the NC aquarium?

When you go to Nags Head, stop by the visitors center, and they have some info on it. To get there, go all the way through Nags head on Hwy 158 (The bypass), to Manteo. Then, you're going to make a right at a traffic light right past the second bridge you go over (I'm pretty sure), then a left onto the Airport Road. Just follow the brown signs, and it'll take you right to it. I went the beginning of June (first time in the aquarium), and it was pretty cool. It's more of the atlantic species than the stuff you find on the board here, but interesting still.
I'll look up their website and email it to you in a minute. :)

jscarb2

nothing hear on the outer banks (nags head) worth looking at only 2 pet stores and only 1 has a salt tank witch is a 29 gallon with a bunch of dead fish, or at least that is how it was the 2 times i have been in there. i live a street over from the nc aqarium.it is pretty good since the remodel. not much as far as coral but some real nice tanks. worth the money.

sjdyer

what is the NC aquarium?
Everything I have bought has been healthly. Some times some fish don't ship well. But that can happen anywhere. You should check out the store if your in Roanoke. He gets shipments in on Tuesdays and Thursdays. See attached pic for sample.

sjdyer

No he does not have a website his customers are all from word of mouth. Here is another pic. If you want more pics I can email you some.

hiddenicon

k please do, my email is on this post(6th reply), and is the store cheap or costy, and just salt water stuff really? and bigger than zooequatics? how much bigger :D

sjdyer

Cost is average for saltwater fish. There is about 1500 to 2000 gallons worth of tanks in the store. It is alot bigger than Zooequatics fish department. He does not stock alot of dry good because of overhead on it. But can order just about anything you could want. I will send you some more pics to your email.