LFS is awesome.

darth tang

I have posted something similar before. But I need to talk about my score the other day.
I went to my LFS (Which is the only store I frequent for the last three years). I have gotten to know the owner real well. I wanted to add some more live rock to my Seahorse tank. So I was buying about 30 lbs. worth. His normal price is 5.99 a lb. He gave it to me for 3.99. On top of that he knocked it down to only 19 lbs. of rock. Then on top of that he remembered my girlfriend had lost her firefish about a year ago due to an unfortunate accident (don't ask, I didn't transfer things in the right order). So he told her to go pick one out to replace it for her seahorse tank. He gave her the fish for 3.99 instead of his 11.99 price.
He also gave me for free a land hermit crab set up complete with tank filtration and food that a lady had brought into him for my step daughter.
My point....If you find a good store and frequent it a lot...it pays off in the end paying a slightly higher price at first.

nm reef

I couldn't agree more....I frequent a couple of LFS's in my area....and both have been known to be real helpful from time to time.

darth tang

NM Reef, you are in about the same area as I. I believe. Which one's do you frequent? I have only found one I like....off San Pedro.