lfs or online

az

very good question! I think it would depend on the internet store vs. what you have in town. I have had dealing with both and had great service and animals. weigh the risk of one to the other and do the best you can.

bigb

I suppose you mean for animals. The big plus is you can see how healthy it is and if it is eating before you buy. Bad thing is no guarantee. Most online sites will give you a 7 day guarantee.
I never buy drygoods at the LFS unless shipping will make the money I saved online the same price.- like for a bucket of salt.

X

xoxox

Originally Posted by garinger
is buying online the way to go
Unless you have an excellent LFS the answer is -YES

batman1820

Depends on your lfs. Mine is great, but i still buy stuff online because of better prices. I am very pleased with all the animal quality on this website. Never got an unhealthy specimen except for a hermit crab, but that doesn't really matter. I don't reccommend buying really delicate animals online though. You should see the actual specimen.

jjlittle

My thoughts are this and this is what I do I buy all non living items online for they are much much cheaper then LFS I dont buy any live stock items online for I like to look the the piece I buy and make sure it i swhat I really want

farmboy

It is hard to beat cleaner crews and coral shipped right to your door. THe bad thing about online livestock purchases is the minimum order and or high shipping for 1 fish. A lot of times you can have more in shipping than the fish cost.

mnm

Problem I have with online stores is that the animals are SOOO freaked out when you get them. I've had pretty bad luck with getting fish from certain sites. Even with the guarantee, I've lost a lot of fish in transit and then you only get two chances??! My last order was for rock and fish and the rock arrived overnight with the fish coming second day. I won't be buying anything living from them anymore.
I'd stick with a local fish store so you can see what you're getting. My lfs has a 7 day guarantee if you bring in a water sample when you buy.