LFS RO machine is broke and NEED to top off tank

twistat420

My LFS ro macine is broke and i need to top off tank and donot want to use tap water. Can i use Bottled water. I drink Crystal Geyser natural spring water can i use this to top off

emperor11

Originally Posted by twistat420
My LFS ro macine is broke and i need to top off tank and donot want to use tap water. Can i use Bottled water. I drink Crystal Geyser natural spring water can i use this to top off
Go to your local grocery store with a bucket or two, and just pay 29 cents a gallon for their RO water.

opus18

be sure it specifies RO... The outside machines around our area specify, but one inside a store doesn't. I asked the manager and it turned out to just be filtered... :scared:

anonome

Be very careful with spring water, not always as pure as you would think. I would definately test the water.

twistat420

Thank You all for the quick response.
I decide NOT to use the spring water and i called the grocery store by me and they only have filtered water THANKS opus18 I almost bought filtered. :scared:
I also read on another website that you have to be carful on bottled water because sometimes they use copper lines to fill bottles.

I found a water store that has RO :jumping: just need to find a ride in a wheelchair.

twistat420

Originally Posted by opus18
be sure it specifies RO... The outside machines around our area specify, but one inside a store doesn't. I asked the manager and it turned out to just be filtered... :scared:
THANK YOU
for the info almost bought filtered

acrylic51

This thread is a "prime" example why everyone in the hobby should have their own RO/DI unit.....this way you don't have to depend on the LFS

acrylic51

It's not that costly if you shop for them....AirWaterIce, etc........And again this piece of equipment is essential and should be high on everyone's list.....Part of the hobby I guess!!!!!!

chipmaker

For what you can buy a suitable RODI unit for and as easy and prtable if need be to setup as they are, the price is a small item in this hobby to have for peace of mind. Your gonna nbeed top off water or water to make salt water so face it, you need a rodi machine. It does not take long for the machine to pay itself off either......even if yur only paying 50 cents a gal at lfs, consider time, vehicle fuel and wear and tear......$120 will get you a unit delivered to your door and it can be up and in use within 30 minutes or less after receiving it.....

acrylic51

Originally Posted by chipmaker
For what you can buy a suitable RODI unit for and as easy and prtable if need be to setup as they are, the price is a small item in this hobby to have for peace of mind. Your gonna nbeed top off water or water to make salt water so face it, you need a rodi machine. It does not take long for the machine to pay itself off either......even if yur only paying 50 cents a gal at lfs, consider time, vehicle fuel and wear and tear......$120 will get you a unit delivered to your door and it can be up and in use within 30 minutes or less after receiving it.....

opus18

Originally Posted by acrylic51
This thread is a "prime" example why everyone in the hobby should have their own RO/DI unit.....this way you don't have to depend on the LFS
all in good time (I have several sources of RO/DI)... Lighting is my next priority... Looking at the coralife 36" Aqualight Plus with the lunar lights... Lighting a 36G bowfront. LFS is running a major 30-50% off "back-in-business" sale this saturday... :jumping:

deeze

You are right Anonome, I was playing with my TDS meter today and found 153 ppm in a small drinking size bottle of Zephyrhills. I was suprised!
I tested Crystal Springs the other day and found 18 ppm which impressed me.
I like my RO... 000 ppm