LFS scam?...

nemo1234

So, I know some of you have helped me with my yelloe coris wrasse. No, she is still not out, and its been a week. Anyways... I asked him about it, because I was going to get some ghost shrimp to see if that would help. he says " Well, maybe he needs a friend" and he was giving me a story about how those are more active with another one in the tank. so, is he just trying to get me to buy another, or is that true? What's your advice?

michaeltx

yes they are one of the few wrasses that do ok in a group. do you have atleast 3 inch sand bed in your tank?
Mike

michaeltx

it might but then again they both might hide its a gamble really some fish are more comfortable when there are more of the same species in the tank.
Mike

nemo1234

hmmm tough decision..... what would you do i my case? Here its been a week, and I haven't even seen my fish I bought. If I buy another, will the one thats hiding know the other is in there?

michaeltx

I would give it alittle more time if it was me. alot of times fish need time to get used to the new surroundings to be comfortable. some fish like a scissor tail goby that I had hide for almost a year when I sold my tank I found him I thought he died long ago LOL others just need a break in time.
Mike

dogstar

Have you checked around the floor...these fish are know to jump out of tanks...I hope its not the case, they are timid, but if its the only fish in the tank, then you should have seen it by now.

nemo1234

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Have you checked around the floor...these fish are know to jump out of tanks...I hope its not the case, they are timid, but if its the only fish in the tank, then you should have seen it by now.
yes i did, and nothing

jacha66

can you look at the bottom of the tank from underneath? I had a red coris wrasse who burried himself under about 4" of sand and live rock for 2 days I finally crawled under my tank and looked with a flashlight and saw his finn The next day he came out. The rest is another story.
Good luck.

texasmetal

I have a yellow coris wrasse that I couldn't catch, was trying to remove it from a tank with an Angler that could have easily eaten it. It kept hiding from me. At one point I didn't see it out for about 2 weeks. It did this several times before I finalliy caught it.

nemo1234

well, I bought another one.... we shall see what happens with this one... it is acclimating right now though. Wish me luck that I don't have 2 buried fish. that would be just horrible. I'd like to add life to my tank, other than my hermit crabs, which I just got 3 new additions of those as well. They are cool and funny to watch, but I want to see the other 2.
Good Luck to me!!!!
I'll keep you posted....

nemo1234

well, so far, since I put him in.... yeah.... he's buried! Banana Jack has left the building! Hopefully he'll be out soon!