lfs won't sell to me!!!

fab71

I feel alot better now. For a while there I thought my tank was destined for failure. My main problem is that any lfs takes me about an hour to get to on bus and train because I don't have a car. The closest one is a nightmare with floating fishes, damaged corals and tons of hair algae. On top of that they charge 40-50% more than online. I will be buying from swf.com from now on and learn all I can from you guys/gals instead of relying on anyone local. Thanks and goodnight.

whipple

Just find some place you like and develop a relationship with a good Fish Store even if you have to drive a little fartherit will be worth it in the long run to have some one you trust and that wont take advantage of you, also there are alot of good online store like the one who's BB your on now. But dont give up and ask alot of questions we are all hear to help

bj

For my 2 cents worth, I spend a lot of time researching almost everything online. I almost never walk in to buy anything without 1st doing my shopping online. What I have found regarding this hobby is that LFS's charge 20 - 30% more for drygoods than any online store. With fish and corals it seems they are a lot closer in price, however, if it isn't convient for you to shop there (and it doesn't sound like it is) why would you, even if this guy wasn't a brilliant marketing genius ??? This site offers some great buys and has a guarantee as well. The local LFS's have a 50% - 48 hour guarantee, not even as good as the online stores offer. Now the shipping is a problem on smaller orders, but if you find a few fellow hobbyists in your area who also would like to pick up a small order or a single specimen, you can all share the shipping costs between yourselves. You will also learn from each other in the process.