Light bulb question

I just brought two 36inch actinic white 50/50 bulbs. I want to know how shoul I place them in the light fixture. It's two sides to the bulb. One side looks regular and the other looks like a more solid (heavy) white. Right now I have the regular side facing down towards the water which gives me the max. light. Is there a right or wrong way?

david s

wish i could help the little i know is a 50/50 10k bulb is probubly what u got as far as dir u sound like u got it in right but i never seen what u are talkin about only thing u can try is turn them over see if they look more blue color if they do they may go that way try postin again in tank section u may get someone who has seen that type bulb btw what type are they would help try goin to the websight were they are made u may get some info there too

von_rahvin

the bulb has an internal rflector so yes there is a wrong way :) just make sure that the brighter side points down and you are cool. My VHO's have internal reflectors as well, and man they looked weird the first time i saw those things.