light bulbs wont fit.

drtito

i placed an order a my LFS for 4 light bulbs blue for color. I took him a bulb to get it right..............as the name said it all they do NOT fit. The diameter of the bulb is to great and hit the backing or sheld , the pins on the end caps fit fine from what I can see.
My question is should I try to mod the lamp ? or just take the bulbs back cash or new bulbs?
P.S. you would think by taking a model number and light bulb they would order right. Next time I will be more vocal in placing my order. i.e. tell them if they get it wrong I hurt them.

drtito

I ordered 4 T5s. I have 2 dual 24inch lamps plus 1 m.h. lamp getting second soon. The 4 24inch bulbs were there for color. right now I just got the M.H. bulb.

coraljunky

Originally Posted by DrTITO
http:///forum/post/2830290
I ordered 4 T5s. I have 2 dual 24inch lamps plus 1 m.h. lamp getting second soon. The 4 24inch bulbs were there for color. right now I just got the M.H. bulb.
What doesn't fit, the length or diameter? What brand fixture and what is the brand of the bulb that your changing? What brand bulbs did you buy?

drtito

lenght is good the diameter is off. they are to big. I think I will return them,get the cash and then beat the guy up after wards.
I will feel much better after.

coraljunky

If the diameter is different it isn't a t5. "T" styled bulbs are sized by eighths of an inch.....T5=5/8"......T8=1"........T12=1 1/2"

drtito

I dont have the bulb in front of me I am at work and the bulbs are at home. Post specs later or tomarrow.