Light for Fuge

frankthetank

I just purchased a light for my fuge. I really was worried I might not have enough room to mount a grow light under in my stand and still be able to access the fuge. It's a little bit of a tight fit. So I purchased a Coralife Aqua Mini light. I went with the 2x9w 6700k. I plan on cutting a piece of egg crate to fit over the tank and sit the mini light on that. Good idea?
If not, oh well, cause that's what I'm going to do...LOL!

grubsnaek

eggcrate would bother me, cause the heat the fixture will put out. also poss could have saved money too. i bought a clamp on light that had a aluminum reflector, and a spiral 6500k bulb. 6500k is perfect for photo.... this bulbs is only like 32w, it replaces a 100 watter. so by saying this it has the same intensity as a 100w bulb. so with a little research you could have gotten a little more bang for your buck. 100w compared to 18w. just saying. but you already said your going to do it.....

earlybird

I agree on the clamp on. Total cost about $15 but I had to purchase the light in a 3 pack. You might consider returning the light if it's not to late. However, that light would be perfect for a QT for softies.

hagfish

Originally Posted by grubsnaek
eggcrate would bother me, cause the heat the fixture will put out. also poss could have saved money too. i bought a clamp on light that had a aluminum reflector, and a spiral 6500k bulb. 6500k is perfect for photo.... this bulbs is only like 32w, it replaces a 100 watter. so by saying this it has the same intensity as a 100w bulb. so with a little research you could have gotten a little more bang for your buck. 100w compared to 18w. just saying. but you already said your going to do it.....
You are both talking about PC bulbs. Your 32 watt spiral bulb is as bright as a 100 watt incandescant bulb. I agree that a spiral bulb setup of some kind is good for a fuge. But you should not consider your bulbs to be 100 watt bulbs. Besides, it's not the watts that matter. If so, you would have been using 100 watt incandescents before these came out.