light for my 24g nano

interex

hey guys i have a 24g nano cube and just wanted to know if this light is good for any type of coral that i may want to put in the tank thank you.
24” Metal Halide System
Total Output 380W
System Support: 1x 250W DE HQI, 2x 65W Compact Fluorescent, 2x Dual Bluemoon LED
An ideal high light output fixture for reef hobbyist at all levels. Featuring metal halide, compact fluorescent, and bluemoon LED in one system. Easy plug 'n' play design makes assembly a breeze. Built-in cooling fan for air circulation, preventing heat built up. Highly polished reflector increases reflective efficiency. Both, tempered glass lens and acrylic lens, protect light bulbs from water splashing. Individual on/off switches and power cords allow for dawn and dusk effect. System comes complete with external electronic HQI ballast and internal electronic compact fluorescent ballast. The most breath taking part is -> You can own this dream light for a fraction of the price of name brand ones.
Product Specification
• Light fixture (Approx. 24“x 15“x 3“)
• Support: 1x 250W DE HQI, 2x 65W Compact Fluorescent, 2x Dual
Bluemoon LED
• Non corrosive powder coated aluminum housing
• External HQI Ballast
• Internal Compact Fluorescent Ballast
• Built-in Cooling Fan
• Tempered glass lens and acrylic lens
• Individual power cords and on/off switches
• Made in China

reefer545

That's a bit too much. I have 150 w MH with 2 x 32 w actnic over my 24. They hang a good 14 inches above the tank. I have had them for a little less than a year, and I can tell that some corals which were higher are just now starting to come back around. You could get those and just hang em real high I guess, but otherwise, I think it is overkill. Watch your water params too, cuz I guarantee you an algae bloom is imminant. Good luck.

perfectdark

I think you would melt just about anything you put in there not to mention the amount of evaporation you would have.
I put the Nova Extreme HO t-5 lights on my cube tank, the new sundials. Its a 24" long fixture but 2" off either side really doesnt look bad and you can keep just about anything you want.

perfectdark

I think it would be bad.... IMO. It is far more intense than what you need. But IMO in a dangerous way, to your inhabitants. I doubt you would be able to hold any soft corals as I think this light would litterally melt them. LPS corals may be ok on the bottom. But this is all after you have addressed your heat issue which you will certainly have. You will definatly need a chiller for that type and amount of light over that size tank. And IMO if you dont evaporate 2 gals of water a day I would be shocked which will reek havoc on your filtration system. just my 2 cents.. 150 watt MH is the max I would go.. and a chiller on that may even be necessary.

brandan

Yeah, waayyyyyyy to much light. I would look into T-5s. If I ever have to buy any kind of lighting again, either Primary, or Supplement, I am going to go with T-5s.