light hmmm

backcountr

2 X 150 WATT METAL HQI HALIDE HQI 20,000K BULBS
2 X 54 WATT T5 10000k BULBS
1-Ceiling hanging kit
1-non corrosive powder coated aluminum housing
1-tempered glass splash guard to block uv rays
2 intense clusters of LED Moonlights Included!
or
System Support:2x250W HQI , 4x65W CF, and 6xBluemoon LED
Approx Fixture Size: 48"L X 15"W X 3"H

watson3

Originally Posted by backcountr
System Support:2x250W HQI , 4x65W CF, and 6xBluemoon LED
Approx Fixture Size: 48"L X 15"W X 3"H

If you have the money get this one..

watson3

I did not go to the site, but by the specs it is obviously a higher watt fixture and if it is cheaper, I may head over and bid myself...

gdleader

They are both made by Odyssea brand. The first unit is the older version and the second and most powerful is the newest version. I am thinking of buying the 2x250 HQI 4x65 CF 6xBluemoon fixture it's only $375 free shipping. Bad thing is heard a lot of bad feedbacks and there are no warrenties for them. Other thing is...the bulbs are bad so need to buy new bulbs, The ballast is huge but they say it cought on fire for some but the fixture itself is great other than the bulb. I was thinking of getting it and a ballast from another company

johnny84

Get the newest version if your gonna get one, the ballast is much smaller and Oddyssea is now making the light fixtures for Coralife. So Coralife and Oddyssea are one in the same now when it comes to light fixtures. I have the 2007 model, it has an electronic ballast that can be easily replaced if something happens to it, it has large fans in the hood of the lights as well, keeps the fixture nice and cool

gdleader

by "New" you do mean the 2x250W HQI , 4x65W CF, and 6xBluemoon LED fixture right? What size tank do you have? and what's the minimum for this 760W?

backcountr

i have a 90 and am leaning towards the 2 150 hqi and the t5 combo i know it more money but i think 2 250 is to much

gdleader

ok well... I just ordered the 760W system and I should have it by end of next week (hopefully) and will keep you guys updated if still intrested ;)

gdleader

well I just ordered it last night 02/08/07 so most likely I'd get it by friday(16th) or the following monday. I ordered the whole set and for a short while I'll use the bulbs it comes with but I'll change them to a better company :)

johnny84

I have this system and it does not come with a hanging kit, not sure if your going to want/need one or not. If you do you can buy the Coralife hanging kit, it fits the 2007 Odyssea light systems.