light hmmm

cgrant

i can tell you from experience the odyssea/jebo lights are junk, so if you are dead set on getting a odyssea/jebo fixture make sure you have money for new bulbs.
Thats why i just spent the extra and purchased the current usa outer orbit
3x250/8x39 t5 setup for my 210
have you looked into going all t5?

dawman

Originally Posted by CGRANT
i can tell you from experience the odyssea/jebo lights are junk, so if you are dead set on getting a odyssea/jebo fixture make sure you have money for new bulbs.
Thats why i just spent the extra and purchased the current usa outer orbit
3x250/8x39 t5 setup for my 210
have you looked into going all t5?
I read the exact same thing on another forum about the Jebo Odyssea lights . Besides the junk bulbs , had problems with the fans and some of the ballasts .

backcountr

i did not want to go all t5 i like the shimmer effect i did know if i got one of thease light i would need new bulbs
the light on the left (2 150 and 2 t5) has a 2 year warrenty
i just dont think im going to be able to swing the extra $$$to get a better light

gdleader

ok I got my 2 X 150 WATT METAL HQI HALIDE HQI 20,000K BULBS system today, and I must say this unit looks really cool, I got it from homby within 5 days. The system isn't as heavy as I thought it would be. It came with two ballasts. I set it up on my tank and the colors looking good, the blue lights are great, they're true antic bulbs and the moon lights are good to have as well. But I did run into a trouble with this unit. When I turned it on, both of the HQI bulbs turned on but less than 5 minutes later one of the bulb shuts off. I thought the bulb is burnt or something so I took it off power and waited a few minutes then plugged it back into power and it turned on and did the same thing again. Now here is my question if anyone can answer. Would this problem be due to the bulb or would it be the ballast?

gdleader

I contacted the guy from homby and I must say, he replies rather fast! he gave me some feedbacks on what might be the problem and also said if something is defective he'd work on the price of the replacement. Anyways anyone would happen to know a way to mount this fixture on a 72gallon bowfront? would a coralife adjustable mounting legs do? or anywhere to find a compatable hanging kit?

watson3

Originally Posted by GDLeader
if something is defective he'd work on the price of the replacement.
Sounds shady...I think hanging it would look best..The mounting kits tend to need flat surfaces...

gdleader

Well I finally found out that one of the ballast was bad and hombby is replacing the bad ballast free of charge. all I have to do is ship this one back which I have already and he's overnighting the other ballast. thus far everything is great with this unit! the lighting is great the fixture is rock solid and cool with the internal fans. I bought some stuff and did some cutting for hanging this fixture. probably within a week I'll post pictures if intrested :)

gdleader

Sorry I havn't posted any pictures yet or kept this updated. I wanted to hang the lights, but my dad is being a pain in the *** about drilling any part of the house since it's brand new. and I can't find any worthy legs. Though I am thinking of building my own. In the mean time I'm using the legs that came with the fixture and It looks ugly on a bow front I tell you lol. I should get my ballast by tomorrow or monday. Once I get that I will post the pictures I promise :) just my opinion. If anyone want to get this fixture, please go ahead. I mean it's just bulbs on it so if something is wrong you can replace it easy. It's a very nice fixture and for the price it's great.

gdleader

Alright, been a long time since I said I would post some pictures for the fixture I got. I went and changed the MH bulbs for it because the ones that came with it, I didn't like it at all, the pictures show the bulbs really blue but they are very light blue. I was supposed to hang the fixture from the celing, but my dad wont allow me to drill the celing :( so sadly I'm using the ugly legs that came with it. Not the best looking but I guess will do, this causes heat issues and my cooling fans supposed to come in by tomorrow and most likely it won't fit on my tank because of the size of the mounting legs on it. but oh well I can always build something for that and will post pictures for it if anyone needs it. Well here are the pictures of my newly built tank, it's only about 3 months old and I only added a big frag of frogspaw in there and a Fox Face and a Yellow Watchman. About 120lbs of live fiji rocks and 100lbs of live sand. Cleaning crew as well.

gdleader

to be honest, I love it a lot it really is worth the price, havnt had any problems with it yet, it runs smooth and nice! if you want to buy one, go for it, the 760W fixture is worth it, on top of that make sure youd hang it or keep is high over the tank, heat issues suck, Im still working on mine to cool it down, most likely Im going to get a chiller.

gdleader

yes those are 20k's they arn't that blue though, the picture seems to show it more blue, I saw a really nice 14k and I'm thinking of buying that just because I need a little lighter color, my tank is in sort of dark spot so need a bit whiter color. I bought both of them for $80 on ---- and they are really good, only used them for 2 weeks, if anyone wants them let me know $50 for both :D