Light problem

sefo

Well I think I know the reason why my anemonies aren't happy it is my light, well can anyone tell me where to get a light system for a 55g tank my dimensions are 48" from side to side and 12.5" from the front to the back of the tank "I don't know if this helps" I'm looking for something with a hood anyone please help. email me at ysaad@uswest.net "I don't think they like people posting other companies names in this board" trust me!!!!
p.s. I think that 2- 175w metal halide bu and
2-4 20 or 40w 50-50 wil do it but once again I need everybodies imput before everything start dying "well my anemonie"

reptilicus

Hi,
well it depends what you want to keep really. THe best thing lighting you can get is probably 2x250 or 2x400-watt MH's with either 6500K Iwasaki with 4x110-watt VHO powered by an IceCap 660 with either 2 or 4 actinics depending on how blue you like, or a 10000K German bulb with or without VHO again depending on your preference. However, for most things 2x175-watt MH's would be fine, it may be a good idea to get some supplemental VHO as well just to give it a bit more power. I've got a Heteractis magnifica anemone under 400-watt MH's and he loves it.
The best place to buy these is either of the following. Jason at Premium Aquatics is definitely very helpful, you could give him a call. www.championlighting.com
www. ***********.com www.***************.com
Regards.
Tom
[This message has been edited by reptilicus (edited 09-13-2000).]