Light question help

drewsbrews

Yep I understand the photosynthetic action and the symbiotic relationship between/within these animals. I was just a little sceptical about say a dual t5 39watt setup outproducing a dual 96watt PC one (barring any major reflector difference). But I surmise that may be the real point.. reflectors can fully surround each t5 tube, where the tubes in each PC bulb are too close together to do this; causing the light to be less focused. so T5 could beat it in efficiency. With this in mind I wish my light was a 4x t5, but "beggars can't be choosers".
Higher output fixtures can be cost prohibitive. Folks also speak alot of properly waiting to get used to maintaining the tank and establishing the tank before getting into more difficult to take care of animals. It may be smart to use an inexpensive light now and save in electric, and bulb replacement costs. Then get the "better" fixture later. So I think that's what I'll do myself.

drewsbrews

Looking to pick up a 6x39watt unit. The "good" bulb makers (ATI, Giesmann, ect) don't seem to make a 10k bulb. 12k would be the closest. I'm inexperienced in bulb variations. Is there a combination you can recomend for good all-round color while maintaining usefull spectrum for corals and clams? I hear too blue and colors start to look stale.

nikesb

too white and corals dont look great either. 12k aquablue special from ati is white enough. I prefer the kz 14k new generation.