Light question

dapak83

Hey guy...
Its been a while since Ive been on... Long story Short I am restarting my tank again.. and I decided to get new lights i picked up lights from this guy but I am not sure what kinda lights these are... he got me real confused... i am attaching some pics i am hoping maybe some one can hemp me out please!
Thanks!

monsinour

Looks like a 6 bulb T5 fixture. The bulbs should have a name brand on them as well as the fixture. I would consider replacing the bulbs since we dont know for sure how many hours of use are on them.

dapak83

The bulbs say CH lighting on them... No brand on the fixture... Are these good lights? the problem I am running in to is that this fixture is too big for my 55gal tank... and I cant figure out how to place it to actually use it... other wise I will need to sell these and try to get different lights!

teresaq

looks like a t5 fixture to me too. you could hang it from the ceiling or check out this - Google (bent pipe light hanger ) Its a diy light hanger that attaches to your stand.
T

dapak83

OK guys New Question... How are The Deep Blue Professional's lights will the 36"... are deep blue professional 4x36 w bulbs good for my 55 gal tank... to start off i am gonna be looking in to some soft corals and some LPS

dapak83

thanks teresa... i looked into the bent pipe ... it wont work where my tank is placed! :-(
I am not looking in to these new lights i asked about... hopefully that would work a little better for me

dapak83

48” Black Finish T5 HO Power Compact Fluorescent and Actinic Blue Lamps.
(2) x 54W T5 HO Fluorescent 12,000k White Daylight Bulbs Offers Natural Sunlight.
(2) x 54W Blue Actinic Bulbs-Health of Marine Corals and Invertebrates.
(4) Pairs, 8 Blue-Moonlight LEDs for Night Time Viewing, Save Electricity.
10,000 Lumens-High Outputs (2 x 54 Watt) x 5,000 Lumens Full Spectrum of Light.
High Power Output T5 Bulbs with Life Expectancy Up to 24,000 Hours.
Build in Internal Double Arc Reflector and Detachable Light Holders.
German Designed Aluminum Reflector for Maximum Lighting Effect.
Non-Corrosive White Powder Coated Aluminum Housing Steel Light.
Clear Acrylic Shield for Protecting the Light from Water Splashing.
4 Build-In Low Heat and Virtually Silent Electronic Internal Ballasts to Save Space.
(3) 8ft Power Cords with (3) Separate On/Off Switches for LEDs, Actinic, and T5 Lamps.
How are these specs? Does it seem like a good buy?