Light Spectrum Question

grubsnaek

alrite i need some help with this. i understand curtain things when i comes to the spectrums. but i only know what my current lite systems gives off. on two tanks im currently running VHO for actinics and 10k's for the halides, so these question only apply to these type of lighting systems.....
i know that the actinics off set the green color of the 10k's. they make the colors of the fish, live rock, and corals have that "pop". and the 10k halides are good for growth. i also understand that the closer to 6500k is great for growth, and the the higher K value is the more blue the bulb is.
but im wondering. do you need actinics. or can you achieve the same color pop with a higher K level. lets say 2 VHO Aquasuns with a 14k/20k halide bulb. will i get good growth? the same growth? or something like a White Actininic (50/50) and a Aquasun(10k) with a 14k halide bulb?
so couple questions here. i do believe that its all personal choice, but are any combo of light spectrums better than other combos. is it better to have the 10k as a halide or a VHO?
just food for thought. if i was to change my halide bulb to either a 14k or 20k i would like to remove the pure actinics from my system. i dont like the looks of too blue. so with either one of those bulbs i would either go with 2x Aquasuns, 2x actinics whites, or possibly one of each (not sure how that would look with a 50/50, 10k, and 14k).
Whats the difference between Actinic and White actinic? is one better than the other?