Light timer

extremepcs

Hi all,
My Coralife Power Center is not working too well. The timer is not reliably switching on/off the different color outlets. Has anyone else had this problem? Can you recommend a better timer? I have 3 power cords on my main tank light for daylight, actinic blue, and moon glow LED's.
Thanks!

reefkprz

home depot or lowes has nice digital timer for about 20 bucks and they work reliably (I hate mechanical timers) its an "Intermatic" <-thats the namebrand, timer that you can set different every day of the week if you want. and automaticly compensates for daylight savings time. I like it.

extremepcs

Thanks for the info. I picked up 2 Intermatic heavy duty digital outdoor timers today from HD. Figured the outdoor ones would be better for a wet environment. So far they seem to be working. Anyone wanna buy a gently used Coralife mechanical timer? A little old lady only drove it back and forth to church on Sunday's
My LFS better give me credit for it.

chilwil84

the major drawback to digital is when power goes out make sure you get one with a form of backup so the come back on if you get a powerout