light

alex.m

Just got Aqualight for my 75 FOWLR 48 inches 260 watt with 4 bulbs 2 white and 2 blue
What will be the best way to use it do i run white and blue separately or together. Please someone explain me how to use it properly!!!:) Thank you all!

harlequinnut

Does your lights come with separate switch and plugs for the white and blue lights? If it does, then turn on the blue in the morning and then wait a few hours to turn on the white. Set your white to turn off a few hours before turning off your blue. This will similate the morning and evening effect for the fishes.

harlequinnut

Home Depot is a good place to start. I find that the ones with the digital readout is more accurate on the time. Otherwise they are basically the same. Make sure if your plugs are 3 plung that you get a timer with 3 plung also.

bison

To answer the what kind of timer and where to get it questions.... I bought an "aquarium outlet strip" (looks like a surge protector strip) with a built in timer at PetSmart for about $20. Four of the eight outlets are controlled by the timer, with the other four being "on" continuously. (Also, had an electrician replace my normal circuit breaker for that wall outlet with a ground fault circuit interrupter/breaker.)

michaeltx

I just use high end electrical timers that you can get just about anywhere. I have 2 timers one that runs the 2-250 watt MH and one that runs the 220 watts of PC with no problems. you just have to make sure not to overload them. the GFCI is always a good bet around any water and in some palces its against the law not to have them if you have water with so many feet of water. always better to be safe than sorry.
Mike

alex.m

thank you all very much!!! and Michael???? we have a birthday on a same day!!! so, Happy Birthday to you! Alex:)

alex.m

you have a lot to go to get even close to "GETTING OLD"
Could you please answer a ? i just posted???