lighting and a fuge.

bimmerboy1

I have a 55gal tank with 2 96watt pc's (one day light and one actinic) and have had my tank running for some 2-3 years now and I have xenia that I purchased maybe 2 weeks ago(which has branched off and moved to new LR of mine) and I have a rock of shrooms that has been doing good for about 2 months now. I have a true perc, mandarin, and a fridmani. various inverters (cleaner shrimp, arrow crab, etc). I just changed my CC to LS and I am going to be setting up a fuge in a bit (Later I will have ?'s about that). I was curious about some other corals I would be able to add. I like hammer corals, Frogspawn, various polyps, finger corals, Bubble, candy cane, carnation, colt, Distichopora(looks amazing but no info on SWF), fox, and xmas tree's. I also was thinking about an anemonie later on, but have been reading up allot about them and it seems to be half say they are easy with moderately priced lighting, and the other half seem to say you neep pretty expesive lighting. Of the corals I listed which would be easy to moderate for caretaking, and which would I be able to have under my lights.
as for the refugium, Is there a place that sells them? I have NO time for a project like this, and with my luck, I wont seal it correctly or something bad will happen. (maybe you could email me the place or something since SWF.com doesnt sell them or anything to do with them.) thanks and sorry for the long post

crome

yeah on the fuge u can ask around your LFS and see if they can custom make one 4 your tank .or u can get some info here on this site on how to make one. i have a 55 but i got mh and have a LTA and its doing great! when i had pc lighting they kepted dying so its all about what you want in your tank. good luck!

bimmerboy1

I posted what i wanted to keep in my tank. I want to make sure that if I get any one of those mentioned, they will survive and be healthy.

spmnarciso

For that little light, the colt would be ok, zoos, gsp, also. You might want to look into installing 4 - 48" VHOs...will give you some more options.
Hope I helped some... Good Luck!

hurt

Try ----. Just type in refugium, I just ordered a 30L pro fuge from there for onlly 100, CPR sells the exact same one for 350.