Lighting decision

coralnew

How is the 48" Tek Light: 4-54W T5 HO Fluorescents light sets ? Good for $250 ?? It has individual reflectors.
For Current USA Fluorescent Nova Extreme Fixtures - come with cooling fans and LED moon lights for the same price but not individual reflectors.
Which one is better ? :thinking:
Is that enough for a 75 gallon ?
And do you think 2 X 54W Actinic Plus T5 HO Fluorescent bulbs
and 2 X 54W 6000K Midday Sun T5 HO Fluorescent by Giesemann would be enough for lighting ??
Thank you

mandarin w

Indiviual reflectors are always the best. It sends more of the light to the tank, so none is wasted. I am curious though, You mention the fan with the second set but not with the first set. The first light fixture doesn't come with cooling fans. Thanks sounds wierd. Even though 4 lights would be enough for a 75 gallon tank, look for the 6 light individual reflectors. That will give you more flexiblity for a more natural look, without running your electric bill up to much higher.

coralnew

Yes. The fan issue is a great flaw for TEDlight and apparently we cannot install one for that too !!

wangotango

look into aquactinics. all of their fixtures are fan cooled. you could go with the 5 bulb tx5 fixture or the 6 bulb solar flare.
-Justin

coralnew

Originally Posted by WangoTango
look into aquactinics. all of their fixtures are fan cooled. you could go with the 5 bulb tx5 fixture or the 6 bulb solar flare.
-Justin
Thats $$$$$$$$$$$ 799 !! Well I will go with the TEK. Thank you all.

dmjordan

the tek is a better choice but if memory serves me right the tek fixtures do not include bulbs. you need to purchase those seperately.