Lighting emergency

quads4_lif

Hey guys I was just working in my kitchen and then all of a sudden the lights flickered and I looked in the living room and my tank and noticed the lights were out. I checked the timer and it still has power. So I turned the lights back on manually and only one comes on. Wile the one was on I could hear this humming sound comeing out of the other ballast Could I have blown my ballast or would my bulb have blown. My lights are less than a yr old and I am running 2 250 mh with icecap ballast. 1400k hamilton bulbs I installed everything in febuary of this yr.

quads4_lif

Well I dont know what the problem was but the light came back on. I let them cool down for about 30 min and turned them back on and they both came on. I am guessing that somebody must have hit a power pole or something because my wife said that they lost power at work which would have been about the same time my lights flickered.
So I guess thank God I dont have to replace anything.

ifirefight

MHs have to cool down before they can re-fire....Sometimes one takes longer than another...sounds like thats what happened. Glad to hear it wasnt a big problem.