Lighting/Filtration for 10g reef

pat713

I'm looking to setup a 10g nano reef. I'd love an anemone, but I keep reading that it would quickly overcrowd the tank. So, instead of that, I'd like a Frogspawn for my clowns to host in (hopefully?) with a few other small corals. I know I want LR, LS, and a skimmer, but other than that I'm not sure on what else to get...

tangs123

need to get a little somthing to get the water circulating,
maybe a pico pump or tiny filter;
for corals zoos and xenia grow fast and easily but they might overcrowd,
umm for lighting i am not sure, most likely PCs

bojik

Originally Posted by tangs123
need to get a little somthing to get the water circulating,
maybe a pico pump or tiny filter;
for corals zoos and xenia grow fast and easily but they might overcrowd,
umm for lighting i am not sure, most likely PCs
another coral choice star polyps. i got a realy small frag of metalic green star for $5 that is now the size of a $20 in a couple months

pat713

Most of the reason I'm doing this is to get a ball park figure on how much everything will cost, so I can tell the wife. I'm hoping it'll all cost under $100, but I highly doubt it. (the lighting and the filters that is, fish not included)

puffer32

Lights will be that much, and you still need the LR, LS power head and skimmer. Double that i would think. Lights for my 15 are going to run 130.00 for just them. i bought 20 lbs LR @ 6.00 lb, so thats 120, sand was 25. power head was 30.00, no skimmer (maybe later) got a HOB filter, forget what that cost, but was the cheapest thing so far in the tank until I bought the carbon.