Lighting for 29 gallon reef

I have a 29 gallon FOWLR tank. I want to have a mini-reef tank with only mushrooms, some polyps, and some leathers.
How much wattage should I have?
My lighting right now is:
Blue Actinic 20 watt.
50/50 20 watt.

bdhough

Try a pc retro fit kit. a 65 watter or 55 watter should be enough. I know the watts per gallon thing but if those are what you want to do then you should be ok.....

rover3190

Eclipse makes a pc retro attatchment. You can pop the standard no bulb out and replace it with a pc. Works pretty good. You should be able to find it online or have your LFS order it.

bdhough

Its at least 60 dollars without a bulb. So its gonna cost you at least 80. I bought a dual flourescent bulb upgrade for a 12 gallon and it cost me 50 dollars i think. Bulbless. You may want to try buying a DIY kit. They are relatively easy you just need to make sure it fits in the eclipse lid.

aarone

is it a 24" tank? I bought a customsealife fixture for my 28 bow,
Its 2x65w pc with a moonlight at night. ($234) at the lfs.

Is there a brand that I should be looking for when purchasing a retro fit kit? Also can I use the lights I have now? I bought them about 3 weeks ago.

30-xtra high

don't buy from a lfs!, buy off the classified section on this site... i bought a 2x65 watt pc fixture for 60$ shipped with bulbs, the guy payed 150 at his store, i got them 2 months old. i have that fixture on my 30 extra high