Lighting for a 29g.

kq25

What kind of lighting would I need to have for a 29 gallon tank,for just zoa's and lps.

natclanwy

T5's or MH would be ideal and allow you to keep any LPS or Zoa, but PC's will support most zoas and a few LPS corals.

kq25

About how many watts is that?Can I supply enough wattage with just two bulbs.Because the fixture I have can only fit two bulbls.

natclanwy

Originally Posted by KQ25
http:///forum/post/2865124
About how many watts is that?Can I supply enough wattage with just two bulbs.Because the fixture I have can only fit two bulbls.
Depends on what type of fixture and bulbs your are talking about. If it is using the two 18w PC that are common on some of the smaller tanks like the biocube that has the filtration and light integrated into the hood it might be enough for some zoas and other softies but I don't think it will support LPS corals.

stumblinras

im not real familure w/ that set up but i believe u need between 4 and 8 watts per gallon.should say the wattage somewhere on fixture or bulbs.

kq25

I have one stock light,and one marine glow 20 watt that is like blue.So for the other light what do I need to switch it out with.The aquaium has like a built in hood with the fixture and with the filteration and bio wheel behind it.

natclanwy

Watts per gallon is not really an effective way to measure light, 100w of MH lighting is far brighter and more useful to the coral than 200w of PC lighting.
You should have one daylight 10k bulb and one actnic bulb you don't have alot of choices in bulbs with that setup, but it is Power compact lighting so you should be able to support most zoas and some LPS corals.

kq25

alright cool.The blue marine grow light says 20k so is that considered the actnic bulb?And for the 10k daylight bulb,how much does that coast?