Lighting for anemone?

akinda

i am upgrading kinda from a 55 gal tank to a 75 with overflow. i have a rbta with 260 watts of pc lighting if i upgrade then i dont think that the lighting will be sugnificant. but heres my question can i put my pc and then keep the floresent that come with the system also if i put new lights in them?

akinda

i would if i could.i just bought these lights. but really all i want to know if adding the 80 watts regular floresent would everything in there be getting 320 watts or wouldnt they use any of the regular floresent.

aarone

regular NO flourescents arent going to help much at all...Try and get some more PC....
I dont normally reccomend getting an anemone with anything less than MH but if you are set on moving to a bigger tank...good luck

elpezgrande

The problem is that lower intensity lights like NO are not able to transmit usable light as deep in the water as higher intensity lights like MH. Is the 75 deeper from top to bottom than the 55? If it is, you probably wouldn't be helped much by another PC strip, let alone the NO lights that come with the tank. Tell your mom if she wants a 75 she may have to choose between upgraded lighting or the anemone.