lighting for anemones

danielfish

i have a carpet with a 20 watt light and its doing fine..do they need more light.how many watts do lta's need?.i had mine for like a year

T

thomas712

I'm of the opinion that 4+ watts per gallon for E.Quads and Condy's, at the minimum.
LTA's and such need about 5-6+ watts
Carpets need MH in order to survive and thrive, 7+ watts, and they don't belong in nano tanks do to the size they can get to be.
None of these lighting requirements can be met with normal output lights.

22caddy

i have a carpet with a 20 watt light and its doing fine
Thats not possible. There is no way it is fine. I agree with Thomas that metal halide is needed.

howardcu

It is probably not really a carpet, maybe a Ricordia? Don't know of many things that could survive on 1 watt per gallon.

howardcu

Maybe there was a 0 missing and it was really a 200 watt light on a smaller system? Even then I can't see it being an actual carpet.

rickstar

ive got a carpet in my 55, the lights i got are twin flouro 30w each 1 x blue & 1x white. seems ok to me what do u guys thik?
:happy:

22caddy

seems ok to me what do u guys thik?
Restraining so hard to not be mean. Read a few posts up. What do you think? NO.

22caddy

How long have you guys had those carpets? I highly doubt it has been more than a month.
First guy said a year, but its just not possible as far as I'm concerned.

viper_930

Originally posted by 22CADDY
First guy said a year, but its just not possible as far as I'm concerned.

Ahh, missed that year part. Maybe he has a mini-carpet?

rickstar

my clown
my carpet has been in my 55 for 11 months hes doing great! check out under fish discussion ( my clown ready for bed) as it shows the carpet and its intruder,:cheer: