Lighting for Lettuce Slug in Fuge

shoimen

Can anyone tell me if there are certain lighting requirements for a Lettuce Slug?
I am thinkin about putting one in my Refuge, which has a 20W 2300K bulb.
Thanks!!!

little

The chloroplasts that lives in there tissue is the same in the alage they eat. And my uderstanding is that alage do best under lowe kalvin's so I would think the chloroplast in them would do well under the same conditions.
Although i could be way off on this . . . .
Little

schneidts

Originally Posted by Little
How do they reproduce? Sexual Asexual Davison?
They reproduce sexually.
As far as their requirements, the stronger the light source, the better. More importantly though, is what plant life you have for their food source.

little

Well, I've had my guys in in my refugium for about 3 weeks and they seem to be doing well. Their colors are still dark green and the reason I moved them down there is because my biggest guy got caught in my overflow. When I removed him, there was a chunk that fell off of him. I still have this chunk and it has yet to decompose. When it first was seperated, it was wiggling around by itself. So, as far as I can tell, division/fragging is a possibility, ut I will not come to this conclusion until it forms its own mouth and starts walking around. Also, the lighting on my refugium is plant-grow 20 watt 2300 Kalvin and it seems to be working fine. So, I am still thinking that the chloroplasts inside them can be sustained with a low Kalvin lighting.
:thinking:
Thanks Little