Lighting - has any one heard of Outer Orbit?

B

bellaroxio

With my 200 gal acrylic tank, was inclining toward (2) Coralife Professional 48" until I was told of the Outer Orbit. Price is lower.
Is quality lower?
Thanks so much

bs21

i heard that they have problems with the balast going bad but that might just be a rumor.

maxalmon

I'm pretty much a Coralife Aqualife PRO HQI freak, I'll spend the extra money on these fixtures, as I've never had a problem, never heard of anyone having a problem. Great quality product and one thing over the years I've figured out is to not go cheap on lighting.

ibew

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
Sounds like another LFS story. Current make good lights.

frankthetank

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
Sounds like another LFS story. Current make good lights.
Totally agree... Current is not a piss poor company. The outer orbit is a very solid lighting system.

brucoh

I don't have an outer orbit, but I have the orbit PC fixture and a sunpod MH fixture also made by Current. I have had no problems with either and definitely recommend fixtures by Current. I've had the orbit for 2 years and the sunpod for a year.

05xrunner

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
I love my current lights,, traded them in for my crapola ODYSEA/JEBO lights.. JEBO is such crap!
LOL looks like we did the reverse.
Traded my Orbit and Nova Extreme for a Odyssea 48" 760w halide light...Happy with my switch

cgrant

I have the new 72" outer orbit fixture 3x250w hqi / 8x39w t5 w/moons and am very happy with it, the thing simply rocks!

fishgeek01

I am very happy with the orbit I have on my 75... current is a good brand, but I would recommend a different bulb when you go to replace...

reefkprz

I like current fixtures but I hate their bulbs. I put coralife bulbs in my current fixture and it was way brighter and better colored for the same spectrum bulbs. BUt i have never had a problem with their fixtures.

socal57che

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
I like current fixtures but I hate their bulbs. I put coralife bulbs in my current fixture and it was way brighter and better colored for the same spectrum bulbs. BUt i have never had a problem with their fixtures.
I'm going to do the same thing when it's time for bulbs.

isistius

i really like my outer orbit hqi. wish it was bigger (72" vs 60") got mine for free so i can't complain too much. i did however, have to replace 1 balast tho. no biggie, just had to wait for the new one.

miaheatlvr

Im gonna try that as well, thanks for the info, But the current light i have in their now are so bright and brilliant, so ill wait and see the difference than report.