Lighting Help

woodwalker

Can anybody recomend a retro fit light kit to fit inside my hood for 55gal tank. I want to add some corals and upgrading my lights is a must. Any help would be great. Thanks

nycbob

get at least 3 modules plus supplemental lighting over a 55 for corals and inverts. stick with the 10k modules.

wangotango

If we're talking about your main source of lighting, then the powerbrites aren't going to be enough. If you went with T5s and used the powerbrites for shimmer then yeah that would work.
-Justin

woodwalker

I have read the leds are good for accent lighting but should not be counted for all light for fish tank. Is this true???

nycbob

i am no expert when it comes to led, but u need a lot of them to light up a reef tank. its such a new technology when to comes to reef, its really not worth it imo. perhaps in another 2-3 years, when led reef lighting becomes more mainstream, the price would come down. its just not cost effective.

woodwalker

Yea I see that now. I was dong my research and it was hard to find any concrete info on the leds. I decided on 4x65 t5 set up. Thanks 4 ur 2 cents.