Lighting Needed???

mweezy05

What type of lighting is needed to support an anemone properly? Trying to stay away from MH due to the fact that I am in college and have limited funding.
Thanks!

perfectdark

Depends on the anenome and the size of the tank. They all need high lighting and most wont tolerate anything less. T-5's and VHO's are altneratives to MH, but knowing the size of your tank is important in deciding how much light you will need.

rod buehle

If you can retrofit some halides . you should be able to get into (2) x 250s for about $175-$200 each ($350-$400 for the set).. Long term they are much cheaper to run mostly due to bulb replacement.
I would pop a 250 on each side of the center brace. Then you will be "good to go" with whatever you chose to put into the tank

Originally Posted by Rod Buehle
If you can retrofit some halides . you should be able to get into (2) x 250s for about $175-$200 each ($350-$400 for the set).. Long term they are much cheaper to run mostly due to bulb replacement.
I would pop a 250 on each side of the center brace. Then you will be "good to go" with whatever you chose to put into the tank

Can you tell me where I can get 2x250 set for $350-400. Is that a kit?