Lighting Needs?? ?? ?? ?? ??

razhill

Don't you have to replace bulbs about every 6 months or your lighting (and your tank) goes downhill? I've got 2 $50 4' tubes that are almost a year old and it looks dark in the tank, and the green hair algae stopped growing (good) but what's that doing to the few pieces of coral (native to Florida Keys) trying to keep a foothold in my tank? Also my soft coral doesn't look like it's growing anymore--do they reach a size fit for the tank and don't grow any more?

fshhub

some disagree withme here, but my opinion is to not go with an anemone, they have more needs than most people realize, and have had very limited success in the home aquarium

mlm

Anenomies require a lot of light and a lot of food and a lot of other things that no one is sure about. If you do decide to get one that a clownfish will go in get the Bubble tip with a maroon clown. If you don't care about the clownfish get a condylactus sp. from the caribbean. They are only about 4 to 5 bucks and they are mush hardier.

krusk

On Reef and Saltwater fish magazine last month
there is an article about anemone. Saying that anemone does not often do very well in aqurium
fshhub was right.
The expert state that these creatures should left in the wild untill some one has succesfully keep in thier aquarium for a long time or been carefull study etc.
Most of the anemone will live in the aquarium for about 6 months or longer depend on the experience
for me, 1 die within 2 months, bought another anemone and die about 2.5 months.
No more anemone for me. and my clowns are still happy with out it. There are altenative way, they replace green carpet to replace anemone for clown and they also show reader how to home raise those green carper.